Our project Sensabilitate received the second price at the Civil Society Gala, to the category „Defence of individual/collective rights”! We want to thank all our partners, people involved in the project and all participants from the deafblindness awareness events we organized in 2017!
The Civil Society Gala is an event which encourages and honours civil initiatives, NGO projects and projects focused on social responsibility in the community. This year the Gala was at its 16th edition and took place on the 11th of June, at the Romanian Athenaeum.
Each year, before the event, hundreds of projects are being analysed by a jury, in order to select the ones which will be recognised at the open stage. 16 categories reunited hundreds of projects which applied and we registered the project Sensabilitate to the category „Defence of individual/collective rights”, including all activities we organized within the project during 2017.
The project Sensabilitate was organized during June 2016 – October 2017, with the support of Orange Foundation, as part of their funding programme „The world through colour and sound”, the edition of 2016.
The idea of the project was to increase the awareness level of the large public related to deafblindness, by knowing the effects related to this deficiency and offering relevant information about deafblindness to the large public participating to our events. For us, the partners involved and the ones participating, Sensabilitate meant:
- Developing the platform www.sensabilitate.ro, the first accessible website for people with multisensory impairments;
- Organizing the Caravan in 12 cities, with the aim to increase awareness on deafblindness as a deficiency, through an experiment within the sensory tent – a closed space, where you would enter with your eyes and ears covered;
- Promoting the rights of people with deafblindness by signing the ”Charter of rights of people with deafblindness” by the participants to the events; at the end of the project, the charter together with all the signatures raised was submitted to the local authorities. 1247 signatures were raised;
- Developing the magazine Sensabilitate, specialized on deafblindess, an online and offline resourse;
- Creating the video clip with Călin Goia (Voltaj), promoted on the online platforms, at TV and radio between June and August 2017;
- Creating a series of video clips about the methods of communication used by the people with deafblindness.
We are very glad that this initiative was truly appreciated by the jury of this category and we thank everyone who was involved!